Speaking in Rio this morning, Lloyd’s chairman, Lord Levene, highlighted recent legislative changes by the Superintendence of Private Insurance (SUSEP), the increasing force of Brazil’s economy and the growing demand for insurance in the region, as key reasons for the application.
Lord Levene said: “Lloyd’s decision to apply for a licence in Brazil recognises the growing strength of the Brazilian economy and the opportunities this presents for the insurance industry.
“With increased investme
- Swinton puts 268 people at risk of redundancy
- Steve Lewis confident RSA UK will “bounce back” in 2018
- RSA UK reports falling profits in 2017
- Amanda Blanc “exceptionally pleased” with UK & Ireland performance
- Axa UK & Ireland COR improves to 96.3% for 2017
- Biba, ABI and Lloyd’s join InsurTech Board
- Blog: Building an MGA is not for the faint-hearted