The insurer has unveiled a profit before tax of £109.4m (2006: £172.4m) despite a net written premium income increase of £81.7m to £1028.7m compared with the first nine months of last year. Allianz’s combined ratio has also deteriorated to 99.9% from 93.1% on 2006’s comparable figure.
Allianz pointed out that weather events during 2007 cost it £83m but that it was still on track to record a satisfactory end of year profit. The insurer added that commercial Lines NWP were up 11.3% over the
- Allianz prepared for "turbulent" 2019
- Podcast: Top five stories this week with Axa's Jon Walker
- Blog: How is the debate around cyber affecting clients?
- Consolidation opens up opportunities, says Romero boss
- Profits up at Allianz in 2018
- AI anti-fraud measures receive Government backing
- InsurTech Futures: Tapoly unveils broker platform for on demand products