Willis Cumbria currently employs 24 staff who will remain in place and trade from locations in Cockermouth and Carlisle.
Andrew Fennell – branch director at Cockermouth said: “We previously traded as C H Jeffries, an independent broker, prior to our acquisition by Willis in 2004; with Smart & Cook we will now be in a position to deliver the excellent service our clients have come to expect over very many years”.
The acquisition was concluded on the 1 August and further strengthens Smart & Co
- Swinton puts 268 people at risk of redundancy
- Steve Lewis confident RSA UK will “bounce back” in 2018
- Cyber hacks reported to FCA by financial firms hit 69 in 2017
- Jon Dye brands 2017 as “landmark” year for Allianz in UK
- RSA UK reports falling profits in 2017
- CBL Insurance Europe ordered to stop writing new business immediately
- Amanda Blanc “exceptionally pleased” with UK & Ireland performance