According to The Sunday Times he is planning to sell part of his company, Towergate, to the buyout firm Candover. It becomes the latest private equity group to be linked to the company.
Last year the likes of Blackstone were strongly linked with the consolidator.
The Sunday Times claims that if completed, after the Candover investment Mr Cullum will still control significantly more than half of the group.
At present he is estimated to own 70% of the business. It adds some of the £850m to be
- Up to 275 jobs at risk at Axa XL in the UK
- Ghost broker jailed for two years
- Legal Protection Group confirms loss of Inter Hannover capacity
- Towergate’s Andy Parkin resurfaces at Gauntlet
- Consolidation opens up opportunities, says Romero boss
- Laurent Matras takes interim Axa retail MD role as Gareth Howell departs
- Profits up at Allianz in 2018