According to The Sunday Times he is planning to sell part of his company, Towergate, to the buyout firm Candover. It becomes the latest private equity group to be linked to the company.
Last year the likes of Blackstone were strongly linked with the consolidator.
The Sunday Times claims that if completed, after the Candover investment Mr Cullum will still control significantly more than half of the group.
At present he is estimated to own 70% of the business. It adds some of the £850m to be
- Majority of brokers say GDPR will have negative impact
- ICO court case against Hiscox collapses
- CBL Insurance Europe ordered to stop writing new business immediately
- Clear buys Robert Alexander
- Seventeen Group buys Rupert Burgoyne
- Blog: Brokers – get plugged in to electric vehicles
- Arnott Marine launches marine liability facility for UK brokers