It is the first time that this position has been held by a UK member of the association, and reflects the growing influence of the UK legal expenses market within Europe.
Mr Asplin said: “I’ve held one of the six seats on the RIAD board for several years and have strived to endorse and enhance the association’s purpose – to promote the reputation and development of legal expenses insurance and safeguard the general interests of its members – along with my RIAD colleagues.
“I am honoured to h
- Majority of brokers say GDPR will have negative impact
- CBL Insurance Europe ordered to stop writing new business immediately
- ICO court case against Hiscox collapses
- Seventeen Group buys Rupert Burgoyne
- Clear buys Robert Alexander
- Jon Dye brands 2017 as “landmark” year for Allianz in UK
- InsurTech Futures: Zurich unveils InsurTech and innovation brand