Towergate claimed in the writ that Chaucer had poached its staff and that these staff were subsequently in breach of their restrictive covenants.
Towergate chairman Peter Cullum said: "We are pleased this matter has been resolved and that Chaucer has acknowledged its mistakes in respect of the employee covenants for the five staff involved.
"Whilst receiving damages and costs this was not my main aim which was to help restore the integrity of the insurer/broker relationship regarding custome
- Losses bite at Ageas Retail after Kwik Fit closure
- Clear plots buying spree to double GWP by 2022
- David Charles steps down as head of PIB-owned Cooke & Mason
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- Ansvar launches two charity products
- Ascot launches new MGA and hires Michael Sillat to lead
- Ecclesiastical's pre-tax profit surges with investment returns in first half of 2017