Towergate claimed in the writ that Chaucer had poached its staff and that these staff were subsequently in breach of their restrictive covenants.
Towergate chairman Peter Cullum said: "We are pleased this matter has been resolved and that Chaucer has acknowledged its mistakes in respect of the employee covenants for the five staff involved.
"Whilst receiving damages and costs this was not my main aim which was to help restore the integrity of the insurer/broker relationship regarding custome
- FCA warns on clone of Ellis David Insurance Brokers
- InsurTech Futures: Ex-Brokerbility and Aviva expert targets on-demand market
- FCA issues another clone broker warning
- Miller buys Alston Gayler and Co
- Blog: Does your board meet FCA standards?
- Podcast: Certus' Ben Welsh looks at the top five stories of the week
- Axa XL to move EU arm to Dublin