Private equity (PE) is set to cause further waves of broker consolidation particularly at the smaller end of the market with the big, eye-catching deals largely completed, according to experts.
The comments followed the Global Risk Partners (GRP) deal to buy south west regional broker Higos last month.
The takeover, subject to regulatory approval, is the latest to see private equity move further into the broking market.
GRP is supported by private equity house Penta and Towergate founder Peter C
- Ardonagh looking at deals worth £500m
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017
- Das v Asplin: Prosecution outlines arguments on fraud charges
- Ex-Das CEO Paul Asplin stands trial for fraud
- AIG sets up “Brexit-resilient” structure
- Brunel Insurance Brokers achieves chartered status
- Ardonagh picks up selected renewal rights from Ageas Retail in £7m deal