Private equity (PE) is set to cause further waves of broker consolidation particularly at the smaller end of the market with the big, eye-catching deals largely completed, according to experts.
The comments followed the Global Risk Partners (GRP) deal to buy south west regional broker Higos last month.
The takeover, subject to regulatory approval, is the latest to see private equity move further into the broking market.
GRP is supported by private equity house Penta and Towergate founder Peter C
- Tasker Insurance names Robert Organ as new CEO
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- Staysure snaps up travel rival Avanti
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- GWP slips to $2.39bn at QBE Europe in half year results
- Hiscox adds drone cover and more to home insurance product