Towergate has begun a consultation on closing its small business unit in Manchester, putting 176 staff at risk of redundancy.
Brokers were not surprised by last month’s announcement.
Peter Goddard, managing director of Daulby Read, said: “It was destined to fail when they staffed incorrectly.
“I think trying to open in a centre where they did not have presence it would have been hard to find experienced staff.”
Manchester-based Reich MD Simon Taylor echoed the lack of surprise: “I don’t think a
- Majority of brokers say GDPR will have negative impact
- CBL Insurance Europe ordered to stop writing new business immediately
- ICO court case against Hiscox collapses
- Seventeen Group buys Rupert Burgoyne
- Clear buys Robert Alexander
- Jon Dye brands 2017 as “landmark” year for Allianz in UK
- InsurTech Futures: Zurich unveils InsurTech and innovation brand