Towergate has begun a consultation on closing its small business unit in Manchester, putting 176 staff at risk of redundancy.
Brokers were not surprised by last month’s announcement.
Peter Goddard, managing director of Daulby Read, said: “It was destined to fail when they staffed incorrectly.
“I think trying to open in a centre where they did not have presence it would have been hard to find experienced staff.”
Manchester-based Reich MD Simon Taylor echoed the lack of surprise: “I don’t think a
- Opinion: Who would believe it? When unrated is “good”
- Gallagher buys Portmore Insurance Brokers
- Applied Net 2018: Google takes minority stake in Applied
- Ingenie founder Richard King unveils new telematics insurer backed by Gary Lineker
- Ardonagh sells Direct Group’s claims business for £36m
- InsurTech Futures: Four major insurers join ex-Aviva director Fraser Edmond's platform
- Bollington set to buy after Wilson merger and organic growth