“You should treat being regulated in this context as a privilege and treat it with respect,” said Nick Houghton, group managing director of JM Glendinning.
The statement came as the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) savaged the “significant shortcomings” in the control and oversight of appointed representatives (ARs) by their principal firms in the general insurance sector.
Understanding the risk
In a hard hitting thematic review published in July the regulator attacked the industry on a number
- Bollington set to buy after Wilson merger and organic growth
- FCA issues another clone broker warning
- Gallagher buys Portmore Insurance Brokers
- Axa XL to move EU arm to Dublin
- InsurTech Futures: Four major insurers join ex-Aviva director Fraser Edmond's platform
- Ingenie founder Richard King unveils new telematics insurer backed by Gary Lineker
- HNW Forum: The challenge for brokers insuring Family Offices