Marsh is eyeing up Jelf for a possible acquisition after the latter revealed on the London Stock Exchange that the two brokers are in the early stages of talks.
Both parties have refrained from commenting on the potential deal but spectators looking in from the outside have hailed the potential acquisition as a “good buy”.
Peter Blanc, executive chairman of Aston Scott, commented: “If I were Marsh I would be pleased with myself. It’s a good business and would enable Marsh to get into the UK SME
- FCA warns on clone of Ellis David Insurance Brokers
- InsurTech Futures: Ex-Brokerbility and Aviva expert targets on-demand market
- Miller buys Alston Gayler and Co
- Blog: Does your board meet FCA standards?
- FCA issues another clone broker warning
- Podcast: Certus' Ben Welsh looks at the top five stories of the week
- Axa XL to move EU arm to Dublin