As revealed by Insurance Age, Paul Asplin, the chief executive of legal expenses insurer Das, was suspended last month and is now under investigation, allegedly over concerns about his relationship with a former service supplier to the firm.
Naturally this has sent waves through the market. So how do events like this affect insurer to broker relationships?
Some brokers said this type of incident could lead them to reconsider doing business with an insurer. Nick Houg
- Swinton puts 268 people at risk of redundancy
- Steve Lewis confident RSA UK will “bounce back” in 2018
- Cyber hacks reported to FCA by financial firms hit 69 in 2017
- Jon Dye brands 2017 as “landmark” year for Allianz in UK
- RSA UK reports falling profits in 2017
- Amanda Blanc “exceptionally pleased” with UK & Ireland performance
- Ageas UK moves back into profit in 2017