With the UK enduring its wettest winter for more than a century the focus on the viability of Flood Re has intensified.
Indeed, the heir apparent to the Statement of Principles was one of the main talking points at a government-instigated insurer CEO meeting on identifying how the industry is helping flood victims.
The British Insurance Brokers’ Association’s (Biba) two main bones of contention with the scheme have centred on the exclusion of 3,800 council tax band H properties and of SMEs.
- FCA warns on clone of Ellis David Insurance Brokers
- InsurTech Futures: Ex-Brokerbility and Aviva expert targets on-demand market
- FCA issues another clone broker warning
- Miller buys Alston Gayler and Co
- Blog: Does your board meet FCA standards?
- Podcast: Certus' Ben Welsh looks at the top five stories of the week
- Axa XL to move EU arm to Dublin