With the UK enduring its wettest winter for more than a century the focus on the viability of Flood Re has intensified.
Indeed, the heir apparent to the Statement of Principles was one of the main talking points at a government-instigated insurer CEO meeting on identifying how the industry is helping flood victims.
The British Insurance Brokers’ Association’s (Biba) two main bones of contention with the scheme have centred on the exclusion of 3,800 council tax band H properties and of SMEs.
- Majority of brokers say GDPR will have negative impact
- CBL Insurance Europe ordered to stop writing new business immediately
- Seventeen Group buys Rupert Burgoyne
- Cyber hacks reported to FCA by financial firms hit 69 in 2017
- Clear buys Robert Alexander
- Jon Dye brands 2017 as “landmark” year for Allianz in UK
- InsurTech Futures: Zurich unveils InsurTech and innovation brand