Stephen Hester’s arrival as group chief executive at RSA was undoubtedly the most talked-about appointment in the market last month.
Hester enters the company as it faces up to a series of serious problems, many of which stem directly from claims and finance issues in Ireland that first came to light in November of last year.
The previous CEO, Simon Lee, stood down in December 2013, a move he felt was “in the best interests of the group”, according to RSA non-executive chairman Martin Scicluna.
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- Staysure snaps up travel rival Avanti
- Hiscox adds drone cover and more to home insurance product
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- GWP slips to $2.39bn at QBE Europe in half year results
- Meet the Expo Leeds panellists: Jon Newall