The worst-kept secret in insurance broking was finally confirmed last month as Arthur J Gallagher (AJG) announced it had struck a cash deal worth £233m for Giles.
Catapulting AJG into a market-leading position, the combined operation will boast some 70 offices and 3,100 staff across the UK, with the broker’s revenue now set to eclipse that of Towergate.
Not content with pulling off this headline-grabbing acquisition, AJG swiftly followed up with the capture of Kent-based transport specialist bro
- Bollington set to buy after Wilson merger and organic growth
- FCA issues another clone broker warning
- Gallagher buys Portmore Insurance Brokers
- Axa XL to move EU arm to Dublin
- InsurTech Futures: Four major insurers join ex-Aviva director Fraser Edmond's platform
- Ingenie founder Richard King unveils new telematics insurer backed by Gary Lineker
- HNW Forum: The challenge for brokers insuring Family Offices