The worst-kept secret in insurance broking was finally confirmed last month as Arthur J Gallagher (AJG) announced it had struck a cash deal worth £233m for Giles.
Catapulting AJG into a market-leading position, the combined operation will boast some 70 offices and 3,100 staff across the UK, with the broker’s revenue now set to eclipse that of Towergate.
Not content with pulling off this headline-grabbing acquisition, AJG swiftly followed up with the capture of Kent-based transport specialist bro
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- Hiscox adds drone cover and more to home insurance product
- Staysure snaps up travel rival Avanti
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- GWP slips to $2.39bn at QBE Europe in half year results
- Meet the Expo Leeds panellists: Jon Newall