The worst-kept secret in insurance broking was finally confirmed last month as Arthur J Gallagher (AJG) announced it had struck a cash deal worth £233m for Giles.
Catapulting AJG into a market-leading position, the combined operation will boast some 70 offices and 3,100 staff across the UK, with the broker’s revenue now set to eclipse that of Towergate.
Not content with pulling off this headline-grabbing acquisition, AJG swiftly followed up with the capture of Kent-based transport specialist bro
- Ardonagh picks up selected renewal rights from Ageas Retail in £7m deal
- Eldon Insurance states none of its data was used by Leave.eu campaign
- Stackhouse Poland buys Honour Point
- Primassure moves from SSP and Open GI to Applied
- Is the talent pool drying up?
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017
- SSP adds Pex Insure to panel