Allianz delivered quite the surprise to the market last month with the news that UK CEO Andrew Torrance is to leave the country.
He is departing to take up the CEO role at Allianz-owned Fireman’s Fund Insurance Company in California. Jon Dye, currently general manager of the Allianz UK retail division, will step into his shoes. The changes will take place once the necessary regulatory permissions are received.
The announcement that Torrance was to leave came shortly after Chris Hanks stood down
- Premium Credit explains taking system offline
- MMC confirms up to 3,750 jobs in danger from JLT takeover
- MMC boss Dan Glaser lifts the lid on the 11 day JLT deal
- Ex broker jailed for £140,000 fraud
- Gallagher and Ardonagh in legal dispute
- Broker named on FSCS insolvency list
- Brokers see opportunity in MMC’s JLT takeover