It would take quite a lot of head scratching to recall the last time the British Insurance Brokers’ Association (Biba) stirred up quite so much controversy.
However, the trade body’s headline-grabbing survey, called ‘Insurance brokers adding value in the claims process’, certainly whipped up a storm. It came with the statement ‘Brokers fighting for fairer insurance payouts’, and found that 90% of insurance brokers believe that insurers are becoming stricter on paying claims.
At the time, the ins
- One Broker buys Gibbs Denley Insurance Services
- Profits soar at Bollington in 2016
- Gadget insurance aggregator launched
- Bennett Christmas buys Horsham-based Slade Edwards Insurance
- UK businesses “unprepared for a cyber shock”
- Meet the techies: Richard Hartley
- In-depth - Personal lines: The omni-channel future