It would take quite a lot of head scratching to recall the last time the British Insurance Brokers’ Association (Biba) stirred up quite so much controversy.
However, the trade body’s headline-grabbing survey, called ‘Insurance brokers adding value in the claims process’, certainly whipped up a storm. It came with the statement ‘Brokers fighting for fairer insurance payouts’, and found that 90% of insurance brokers believe that insurers are becoming stricter on paying claims.
At the time, the ins
- Bollington set to buy after Wilson merger and organic growth
- FCA issues another clone broker warning
- Gallagher buys Portmore Insurance Brokers
- Axa XL to move EU arm to Dublin
- InsurTech Futures: Four major insurers join ex-Aviva director Fraser Edmond's platform
- HNW Forum: Experts debate impact of MGAs on the market
- HNW Forum: The challenge for brokers insuring Family Offices