It would appear that despite recent financial woes among London Market insurers, brokers continue to be pessimistic about commercial market hardening.
A General Insurance Performance Benchmarking Survey from accountants KPMG, argued that record catastrophe losses in the first half of 2011 and lack of profit for key players meant the future for the sector overall would consist of consolidation, premium increases and a renewed focus on cost management.
However, Mark Winlow, UK head of general insu
- Premium Credit explains taking system offline
- MMC confirms up to 3,750 jobs in danger from JLT takeover
- MMC boss Dan Glaser lifts the lid on the 11 day JLT deal
- Ex broker jailed for £140,000 fraud
- Gallagher and Ardonagh in legal dispute
- Broker named on FSCS insolvency list
- Brokers see opportunity in MMC’s JLT takeover