It would appear that despite recent financial woes among London Market insurers, brokers continue to be pessimistic about commercial market hardening.
A General Insurance Performance Benchmarking Survey from accountants KPMG, argued that record catastrophe losses in the first half of 2011 and lack of profit for key players meant the future for the sector overall would consist of consolidation, premium increases and a renewed focus on cost management.
However, Mark Winlow, UK head of general insu
- One Broker buys Gibbs Denley Insurance Services
- Gadget insurance aggregator launched
- Tasker Insurance names Robert Organ as new CEO
- Profits soar at Bollington in 2016
- Bennett Christmas buys Horsham-based Slade Edwards Insurance
- UK businesses “unprepared for a cyber shock”
- In-depth - Personal lines: The omni-channel future