The long awaited news that the British Insurance Brokers’ Association (Biba) and fellow broker trade body, the Institute of Insurance Brokers (IIB), were making moves to merge has, ironically, divided broker opinion on what form and role a single trade body should take.
The potential merger was announced at Biba 2011 and talks are already underway on what the united association should look like. Biba said it hoped to have plans finalised by the end of the year and, at its conference, brokers see
- Close Brothers and other creditors to lose out following collapse of Ignition Select
- Is the talent pool drying up?
- Primassure moves from SSP and Open GI to Applied
- Stackhouse Poland buys Honour Point
- Do you know what to do if you get hacked?
- Aggregators eating into SME business – GlobalData
- Allianz to delist Euler Hermes on 27 April