▶ What is the history of Miles Smith?
Paul Chainey: Miles Smith can trace its origins to 1925. It became Miles Smith in 1969 when Miles and Colin Smith owned the business. It became a private-public company in the mid-eighties. They sold, following retirement, to Greatminster Group in 1997 and that went into liquidation. Miles Smith restructured on 23 May 2000. It became a company owned by the directors and the staff. There were 43 staff in 2000 – there are 210 today.
▶ How is it structured?
- Close Brothers and other creditors to lose out following collapse of Ignition Select
- Is the talent pool drying up?
- Primassure moves from SSP and Open GI to Applied
- Stackhouse Poland buys Honour Point
- Do you know what to do if you get hacked?
- Aggregators eating into SME business – GlobalData
- Allianz to delist Euler Hermes on 27 April