▶ What is the history of Miles Smith?
Paul Chainey: Miles Smith can trace its origins to 1925. It became Miles Smith in 1969 when Miles and Colin Smith owned the business. It became a private-public company in the mid-eighties. They sold, following retirement, to Greatminster Group in 1997 and that went into liquidation. Miles Smith restructured on 23 May 2000. It became a company owned by the directors and the staff. There were 43 staff in 2000 – there are 210 today.
▶ How is it structured?
- Losses bite at Ageas Retail after Kwik Fit closure
- Clear plots buying spree to double GWP by 2022
- Ansvar launches two charity products
- Ascot launches new MGA and hires Michael Sillat to lead
- InsurTech Futures: Hiscox partners with start-up Digital Fineprint
- Ecclesiastical's pre-tax profit surges with investment returns in first half of 2017
- Verisk to buy Sequel for £250m