▶ What are the origins of The A&A Group?
It was formed by my father, Dennis Allen, in 1968 in Twickenham. I was the first employee, which makes me ancient. I started working here at 20. I looked after the car side of things while he did commercial. My father had always been in insurance and when I left school I worked with Cornhill and then I joined here.
▶ How did the business develop over the years?
We went from a business that relied on getting customers via garages more locally to one that b
- Premium Credit explains taking system offline
- MMC confirms up to 3,750 jobs in danger from JLT takeover
- MMC boss Dan Glaser lifts the lid on the 11 day JLT deal
- Ex broker jailed for £140,000 fraud
- Gallagher and Ardonagh in legal dispute
- Broker named on FSCS insolvency list
- Brokers see opportunity in MMC’s JLT takeover