▶ When was Plan set up and what is the history of the business?
Originally my father and my older brother, Scott, set up an insurance broker. My dad Peter had worked for Prudential and Legal & General but bought out a brokerage in 1989. The family business extends back to then. From about the age of 13, I was an office boy in the school holidays so we, including my younger brother Grant, have always been heavily involved. Our pocket money was never given to us!
Our Dad was always a serial entrep
- Opinion: Who would believe it? When unrated is “good”
- Gallagher buys Portmore Insurance Brokers
- Applied Net 2018: Google takes minority stake in Applied
- Ingenie founder Richard King unveils new telematics insurer backed by Gary Lineker
- Ardonagh sells Direct Group’s claims business for £36m
- InsurTech Futures: Four major insurers join ex-Aviva director Fraser Edmond's platform
- Bollington set to buy after Wilson merger and organic growth