▶ How did you get into insurance?
My father was an insurance broker and I never thought I would go into it – I wanted to be a nurse. But when I left school at 16 my dad said “do you want to come and work for me for a while?” I never left…
I worked for my dad’s company Car and Home Insurance for seven years, which was a traditional high street broker. I never called him dad at work, I always had to call him Mr P.
▶ What did you do when you left your father’s firm?
I left when I was 23 and wanted
- Tasker Insurance names Robert Organ as new CEO
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- Staysure snaps up travel rival Avanti
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- GWP slips to $2.39bn at QBE Europe in half year results
- Hiscox adds drone cover and more to home insurance product