▶ How did you get into insurance?
My father was an insurance broker and I never thought I would go into it – I wanted to be a nurse. But when I left school at 16 my dad said “do you want to come and work for me for a while?” I never left…
I worked for my dad’s company Car and Home Insurance for seven years, which was a traditional high street broker. I never called him dad at work, I always had to call him Mr P.
▶ What did you do when you left your father’s firm?
I left when I was 23 and wanted
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017
- Ardonagh looking at deals worth £500m
- Das v Asplin: Prosecution outlines arguments on fraud charges
- InsurTech Futures: Gadget and motor products go live on Brolly
- Ex-Das CEO Paul Asplin stands trial for fraud
- Ex-AA boss Bob Mackenzie seeking up to £225m in damages
- The Blog Spot: Filling in the Blanc?