▶ How did you get into insurance?
My father was an insurance broker and I never thought I would go into it – I wanted to be a nurse. But when I left school at 16 my dad said “do you want to come and work for me for a while?” I never left…
I worked for my dad’s company Car and Home Insurance for seven years, which was a traditional high street broker. I never called him dad at work, I always had to call him Mr P.
▶ What did you do when you left your father’s firm?
I left when I was 23 and wanted
- L&G's general insurance up for sale - report
- Mixed feelings from brokers on Aviva's subscription product
- MGA Fiducia and Hiscox sever marine cargo ties
- US and UK agree post-Brexit insurance trade deal
- Circle expands again in 2018
- ICB and Finch owner aiming to double by 2022
- A Plan delivers further profit and turnover growth in 2018