▶ How did you get started in insurance?
I started in 1975. My wife’s uncle ran Cooper Gay and he offered me a job. It was either that or join a Lloyd’s underwriting syndicate and broking won. I’ve been a broker ever since. I moved on to [Lloyd’s broker] PWS and they sent me to Australia to help manage a client of theirs.
▶ When and why was Lucas Fettes & Partners set up?
I came back to the UK in 1980 and it was either carry on with PWS or start my own business. You come back and find the world
- Folgate teams up with MS Amlin for 2019
- Vivek Banga to leave Gallagher for Polaris
- Motor insurance pay-outs soar to record levels
- Bridge breaks through £10m barrier
- Profile: Peter Cullum, Towergate founder and GRP chairman
- InsurTech Futures: Start-up With Jack authorised by the FCA
- Blog: Should brokers be concerned?