▶ How did you get started in insurance?
I started in 1975. My wife’s uncle ran Cooper Gay and he offered me a job. It was either that or join a Lloyd’s underwriting syndicate and broking won. I’ve been a broker ever since. I moved on to [Lloyd’s broker] PWS and they sent me to Australia to help manage a client of theirs.
▶ When and why was Lucas Fettes & Partners set up?
I came back to the UK in 1980 and it was either carry on with PWS or start my own business. You come back and find the world’
- Close Brothers and other creditors to lose out following collapse of Ignition Select
- Is the talent pool drying up?
- Primassure moves from SSP and Open GI to Applied
- Stackhouse Poland buys Honour Point
- Do you know what to do if you get hacked?
- Aggregators eating into SME business – GlobalData
- Allianz to delist Euler Hermes on 27 April