▶ When was La Playa set up?
We started in 1999 in my spare room at home and we began the business to focus in niches and specialisms which we are still doing today. They are fine art, media and entertainment, private client and science and technology.
We haven’t strayed from that at all. The theory being (in 1999) that you either needed to be big or specialist. I started with Matthew Mullee who is still with the business. We were both working at NW Brown in Cambridge. We jumped out of there and
- Premium Credit explains taking system offline
- MMC confirms up to 3,750 jobs in danger from JLT takeover
- MMC boss Dan Glaser lifts the lid on the 11 day JLT deal
- Ex broker jailed for £140,000 fraud
- Gallagher and Ardonagh in legal dispute
- Broker named on FSCS insolvency list
- Brokers see opportunity in MMC’s JLT takeover