▶ When was La Playa set up?
We started in 1999 in my spare room at home and we began the business to focus in niches and specialisms which we are still doing today. They are fine art, media and entertainment, private client and science and technology.
We haven’t strayed from that at all. The theory being (in 1999) that you either needed to be big or specialist. I started with Matthew Mullee who is still with the business. We were both working at NW Brown in Cambridge. We jumped out of there and
- Losses bite at Ageas Retail after Kwik Fit closure
- David Charles steps down as head of PIB-owned Cooke & Mason
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- Lark boosts profit ahead of Aston Scott merger
- Ageas teams up with CDL on Flood Re solution
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- Broking Break - Your Top Five