▶ How did the firm get started?
DE Ford is a family business. Ben Ford created the company back in 1976 and started out here in York. The initial relationships Ben forged, as most people did in those days, were personal with people he’d got to know over a business career spanning many years. That’s developed over time through referrals and recommendations, to the point where we now employ just over 55 people. It’s been a period of sustained growth, with a steady increase in turnover.
▶ What line
- One Broker buys Gibbs Denley Insurance Services
- Profits soar at Bollington in 2016
- Gadget insurance aggregator launched
- Bennett Christmas buys Horsham-based Slade Edwards Insurance
- UK businesses “unprepared for a cyber shock”
- Meet the techies: Richard Hartley
- In-depth - Personal lines: The omni-channel future