▶ How did the firm get started?
DE Ford is a family business. Ben Ford created the company back in 1976 and started out here in York. The initial relationships Ben forged, as most people did in those days, were personal with people he’d got to know over a business career spanning many years. That’s developed over time through referrals and recommendations, to the point where we now employ just over 55 people. It’s been a period of sustained growth, with a steady increase in turnover.
▶ What line
- Bollington set to buy after Wilson merger and organic growth
- FCA issues another clone broker warning
- Gallagher buys Portmore Insurance Brokers
- Axa XL to move EU arm to Dublin
- InsurTech Futures: Four major insurers join ex-Aviva director Fraser Edmond's platform
- Ingenie founder Richard King unveils new telematics insurer backed by Gary Lineker
- HNW Forum: The challenge for brokers insuring Family Offices