▶ When did you take over the running of the business?
Tim: In 2008 the previous owner Grahame Berkeley was looking to exit the general insurance business. Andrew and I were heavily involved in the group at that time with both the general insurance and financial services group, and having looked at all the options for his exit, we decided that we would take out the general insurance group in an MBO.
Grahame still retains the financial services business which trades as Berkeley Burke, but there’s
- FCA warns on clone of Ellis David Insurance Brokers
- InsurTech Futures: Ex-Brokerbility and Aviva expert targets on-demand market
- Miller buys Alston Gayler and Co
- FCA issues another clone broker warning
- Blog: Does your board meet FCA standards?
- Podcast: Certus' Ben Welsh looks at the top five stories of the week
- Axa XL to move EU arm to Dublin