▶ When did you take over the running of the business?
Tim: In 2008 the previous owner Grahame Berkeley was looking to exit the general insurance business. Andrew and I were heavily involved in the group at that time with both the general insurance and financial services group, and having looked at all the options for his exit, we decided that we would take out the general insurance group in an MBO.
Grahame still retains the financial services business which trades as Berkeley Burke, but there’s
- Losses bite at Ageas Retail after Kwik Fit closure
- David Charles steps down as head of PIB-owned Cooke & Mason
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- Lark boosts profit ahead of Aston Scott merger
- Ageas teams up with CDL on Flood Re solution
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- Broking Break - Your Top Five