Eric Galbraith was appointed chief executive of the British Insurance Brokers' Association (Biba) on 1 November 2003.
His career spans many years in the insurance market, having left school at 16 to join Macalister & Alison in the Glasgow office of Bowring, now Marsh. During his time at Bowring/Marsh, Eric worked in Glasgow, Edinburgh, Sidcup and London before moving back to Scotland to take over Marsh Glasgow.
In 1994 he was headhunted by Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS) as managing director of Ro
- One Broker buys Gibbs Denley Insurance Services
- Tasker Insurance names Robert Organ as new CEO
- Bennett Christmas buys Horsham-based Slade Edwards Insurance
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- Gadget insurance aggregator launched
- In-depth - Personal lines: The omni-channel future
- Confused.com sees profits halve for start of 2017