Eric Galbraith was appointed chief executive of the British Insurance Brokers' Association (Biba) on 1 November 2003.
His career spans many years in the insurance market, having left school at 16 to join Macalister & Alison in the Glasgow office of Bowring, now Marsh. During his time at Bowring/Marsh, Eric worked in Glasgow, Edinburgh, Sidcup and London before moving back to Scotland to take over Marsh Glasgow.
In 1994 he was headhunted by Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS) as managing director of Ro
- Premium Credit explains taking system offline
- Gallagher and Ardonagh in legal dispute
- Broker named on FSCS insolvency list
- MMC confirms up to 3,750 jobs in danger from JLT takeover
- MMC boss Dan Glaser lifts the lid on the 11 day JLT deal
- Ex broker jailed for £140,000 fraud
- Brokers see opportunity in MMC’s JLT takeover