The insurance industry has long laboured under a dull and dusty public image and a perception that it is inhabited purely by plum-mouthed men in suits and achingly dry actuarial types. We all know that this is far from the truth but there are elements of this image that do hold true. The only way to change this is to 'breed' the old guard out - they'll all retire one day and there have been various campaigns and initiatives calling for a greater emphasis on bringing more youth into the fold.
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- Hiscox adds drone cover and more to home insurance product
- Staysure snaps up travel rival Avanti
- GWP slips to $2.39bn at QBE Europe in half year results
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- Meet the Expo Leeds panellists: Jon Newall