Whether it is customers' personal details, credit card records or trade secrets, data is key to the operations and success of many businesses today. But, as this data can also be valuable to others, it's become a prime target for cyber criminals.
Just how valuable it is can be illustrated by some of the recent cyber attacks, with the likes of infidelity site Ashley Madison, Carphone Warehouse and British Airways all experiencing high profile cyber attacks this year.
Size doesn't matter
The editorial team get their teeth into the top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Government reveals recalculated Ogden rate
- Insurers disappointed by the new discount rate
- Documents reveal government actuary recommended a 0.25% discount rate
- FCA warns of Moneysupermarket clone
- Hastings expects £8.4m hit from Ogden rate change
- Fact file: What’s the story with the Ogden Rate?
- Chris Guillaume formally hands over CEO role