Whether it is customers' personal details, credit card records or trade secrets, data is key to the operations and success of many businesses today. But, as this data can also be valuable to others, it's become a prime target for cyber criminals.
Just how valuable it is can be illustrated by some of the recent cyber attacks, with the likes of infidelity site Ashley Madison, Carphone Warehouse and British Airways all experiencing high profile cyber attacks this year.
Size doesn't matter
- Gibraltar insurer, Lamp, goes into liquidation amid insolvency
- Blanc expects Goldman Sachs to invest in Aston Lark for 'at least five years'
- Three insurance firms on FSCS insolvency list
- Aston Lark confirms Goldman Sachs investment deal
- Brokers warned over admin fees and commission
- Investors value Ardonagh at £1.9bn
- Aviva continues to top Brokerbility members survey