Is the recent high level of activity in the sector a reason to be positive?
▶ Guy: People are seeing some positives and are concentrating their efforts on the area [of the motor market] they think they are going to make most money from.
It’s good from that point of view, but more activity and more people jumping into the market is going to have a negative effect on rates and we’re certainly not in the area where we can afford to have rates reduced.
▶ Jerry: Insurance is a big overhead for our cl
- Swinton puts 268 people at risk of redundancy
- Steve Lewis confident RSA UK will “bounce back” in 2018
- Cyber hacks reported to FCA by financial firms hit 69 in 2017
- Jon Dye brands 2017 as “landmark” year for Allianz in UK
- RSA UK reports falling profits in 2017
- CBL Insurance Europe ordered to stop writing new business immediately
- Amanda Blanc “exceptionally pleased” with UK & Ireland performance