The UK has forged ahead of the rest of Europe in terms of the extent and pace at which consumers have adopted internet buying - and insurance is no exception.
A recent Accenture survey stated that the internet is fast becoming the "only way" to purchase personal lines cover in the UK, with 63% of consumers buying motor insurance and 45% purchasing home insurance online.
Indeed, it's impossible to watch television without being assaulted by a plethora of price comparison site adverts telling us j
- Tasker Insurance names Robert Organ as new CEO
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- Staysure snaps up travel rival Avanti
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- GWP slips to $2.39bn at QBE Europe in half year results
- Hiscox adds drone cover and more to home insurance product