Mr Bourke is a relative newcomer to the insurance industry but he has already been involved with some of its most high-profile projects: Thames Tideway, Crossrail (both in England) and the new Forth Crossing project. Coming from an engineering and construction background, he has been surprised at the relationship between brokers and insurers and the language that is used in broking.
"It amazes me the amount of back-biting and whispering that goes on and the language we use - attacking and
- Folgate teams up with MS Amlin for 2019
- Vivek Banga to leave Gallagher for Polaris
- Motor insurance pay-outs soar to record levels
- Bridge breaks through £10m barrier
- Profile: Peter Cullum, Towergate founder and GRP chairman
- InsurTech Futures: Start-up With Jack authorised by the FCA
- Blog: Should brokers be concerned?