What is the state of – and the challenges in – the construction market at present?
▶ Steve: There has been a good upturn in the construction market since the economic downturn and we’ve seen a good level of activity. There was a little bit of a hiatus when the general election was in progress and some issues about who was going to win.
We are in a position where we are looking to see the construction market regain its confidence after the election and grow again.
Within the sector we are seeing
The editorial team get their teeth into the top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Lloyd’s suspends employee for “inappropriate comments” – report
- Brokers monitoring capacity shortages after TMKI run-off
- Lloyd's launches product innovation facility with £53m capacity
- Tokio Marine Kiln Insurance to go into run-off
- Tokio Marine Kiln: Figures revealed following closure of UK arm
- GRP’s County Group purchases Eric Rawlins & Company
- Profit margins for UK brokers at highest level in eight years