What is the state of – and the challenges in – the construction market at present?
▶ Steve: There has been a good upturn in the construction market since the economic downturn and we’ve seen a good level of activity. There was a little bit of a hiatus when the general election was in progress and some issues about who was going to win.
We are in a position where we are looking to see the construction market regain its confidence after the election and grow again.
Within the sector we are seeing
- PIB seeking to raise £100m - £200m to fund growth
- Nick Milton to develop Pen Underwriting’s broker strategy replacing Simon Taylor
- Experts urge brokers to look over remuneration after FCA warning on GI distribution failings
- Wonga's Tara Waite (formerly Kneafsey) returns to insurance with Ageas role
- Arch buys Obelisk Underwriting
- FCA warns brokers to be ready for SM&CR
- Tokio Marine Kiln’s Blundell joins Biba