What is the state of – and the challenges in – the construction market at present?
▶ Steve: There has been a good upturn in the construction market since the economic downturn and we’ve seen a good level of activity. There was a little bit of a hiatus when the general election was in progress and some issues about who was going to win.
We are in a position where we are looking to see the construction market regain its confidence after the election and grow again.
Within the sector we are seeing
- Premium Credit explains taking system offline
- MMC confirms up to 3,750 jobs in danger from JLT takeover
- MMC boss Dan Glaser lifts the lid on the 11 day JLT deal
- Ex broker jailed for £140,000 fraud
- Gallagher and Ardonagh in legal dispute
- Broker named on FSCS insolvency list
- Brokers see opportunity in MMC’s JLT takeover