Are brokers becoming volume or niche players rather than generalists?
▶ Bob: We’ve got a number of specialist brokers – one deals exclusively with footballers and celebrities while we have people who specialise in fleet. [But] the assumption that the community broker isn’t a specialist is wrong. For example, a community broker that works with Turkish businesses is a specialist even if they’re dealing with lots of different insurances so the definition between specialist and general is probably
The Insurance Age editorial team dig into this week's top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Construction firm unable to find insurance due to lack of capacity
- FCA warns of Moneysupermarket clone
- Fact file: What’s the story with the Ogden Rate?
- Hastings expects £8.4m hit from Ogden rate change
- Blog: What is JCT 21.2.1 insurance, and who needs it?
- Victor reaches out to brokers following CEO change
- FCA reiterates dual pricing concerns