Is it useful to class such a disparate group of businesses under the banner of SME?
▶ Kevan: I think it causes a lot of problems because, if the SME definition hits 99% of business, that’s hardly a segmentation and that ranges from the majority of those being sole traders to some quite sizeable businesses that have very, very different needs.
▶ James : I think there’s certainly a differential in behaviour between a micro or small business compared to a medium one. There’s a differential in terms
- Premium Credit explains taking system offline
- Gallagher and Ardonagh in legal dispute
- Broker named on FSCS insolvency list
- MMC confirms up to 3,750 jobs in danger from JLT takeover
- MMC boss Dan Glaser lifts the lid on the 11 day JLT deal
- Ex broker jailed for £140,000 fraud
- Brokers see opportunity in MMC’s JLT takeover