If you asked a member of the public for their view on the value of the work carried out by emergency aid agencies, you would probably receive glowing tributes to the relief they deliver people around the world.
Pose the same question about the value of the insurance industry and I'm pretty certain you would get a very different response.
Now don't get me wrong, aid agencies deserve every ounce of recognition they receive. Clearly dealing with the impact of last month's earthquake in New Zealand
- Premium Credit explains taking system offline
- MMC confirms up to 3,750 jobs in danger from JLT takeover
- MMC boss Dan Glaser lifts the lid on the 11 day JLT deal
- Ex broker jailed for £140,000 fraud
- Gallagher and Ardonagh in legal dispute
- Broker named on FSCS insolvency list
- Brokers see opportunity in MMC’s JLT takeover