The problem of uninsured drivers - is there a definitive answer?
SJ: We have to look at the reasons behind why people don't insure their cars. There is a general perception problem with the industry; many people see insurers as being able to afford to cover the costs. When uninsured drivers are caught, the fines are small and they simply say they cannot afford to pay them.
PO: It really is a mindset for some drivers. When they look at the cost of buying a car, they do not think further than
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Ardonagh confirms the end of all Swinton retail branches
- Ardonagh losses rise to £44.5m in H1 2019
- Aon UK confirms solicitors’ PI cover has been withdrawn
- Bravo Group spent £53m on deals in 2018
- PIB u-turns on pledge to keep Albany Childcare brand
- Call Connection's administration extension confirmed
- FSCS set to compensate Alpha Insurance latent defect insurance policyholders