The problem of uninsured drivers - is there a definitive answer?
SJ: We have to look at the reasons behind why people don't insure their cars. There is a general perception problem with the industry; many people see insurers as being able to afford to cover the costs. When uninsured drivers are caught, the fines are small and they simply say they cannot afford to pay them.
PO: It really is a mindset for some drivers. When they look at the cost of buying a car, they do not think further than
The Insurance Age team examine the most read stories for the week commencing 3 June 2019.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Konsileo parts ways with four brokers
- Brokers call on HMRC to reform IPT
- Broker Network owner set to make more deals with fresh funding
- Elite proposes solvency scheme to avoid liquidation
- Two TMK executives resign amid fresh sexual harassment claims at Lloyd's
- IFB launches counter fraud database
- Motor market records best year since 1985 ahead of troubled future, says EY