Are we winning the fight against fraud?
Cath: I have been investigating the 'cash for crash' type scenario since 1992 and it was somewhere back then that we were seeing what we now believe to be the first suspect accidents identified to the UK insurance industry. In the following years I have seen an evolution of this type of fraud to the point where it has become incredibly organised. It is very sophisticated and we have to fight fire with fire. It is a problem that is not going to go away.
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- One Call’s Radford launches motor broker
- Saga considering sale of Bennetts for second time, say reports
- Markel not going into broking following Caunce O'Hara deal
- Lloyd's reveals soaring profit for H1 2019
- Uber boss joins Inshur following partnership deal
- Granite to create 300 new jobs
- TL Dallas posts turnover and profit growth for 2018