Are we winning the fight against fraud?
Cath: I have been investigating the 'cash for crash' type scenario since 1992 and it was somewhere back then that we were seeing what we now believe to be the first suspect accidents identified to the UK insurance industry. In the following years I have seen an evolution of this type of fraud to the point where it has become incredibly organised. It is very sophisticated and we have to fight fire with fire. It is a problem that is not going to go away.
- Opinion: Who would believe it? When unrated is “good”
- Gallagher buys Portmore Insurance Brokers
- Applied Net 2018: Google takes minority stake in Applied
- Ingenie founder Richard King unveils new telematics insurer backed by Gary Lineker
- InsurTech Futures: Four major insurers join ex-Aviva director Fraser Edmond's platform
- Ardonagh sells Direct Group’s claims business for £36m
- Bollington set to buy after Wilson merger and organic growth