Are we winning the fight against fraud?
Cath: I have been investigating the 'cash for crash' type scenario since 1992 and it was somewhere back then that we were seeing what we now believe to be the first suspect accidents identified to the UK insurance industry. In the following years I have seen an evolution of this type of fraud to the point where it has become incredibly organised. It is very sophisticated and we have to fight fire with fire. It is a problem that is not going to go away.
- Swinton puts 268 people at risk of redundancy
- Steve Lewis confident RSA UK will “bounce back” in 2018
- Cyber hacks reported to FCA by financial firms hit 69 in 2017
- Jon Dye brands 2017 as “landmark” year for Allianz in UK
- CBL Insurance Europe ordered to stop writing new business immediately
- RSA UK reports falling profits in 2017
- Ageas UK moves back into profit in 2017