Are we winning the fight against fraud?
Cath: I have been investigating the 'cash for crash' type scenario since 1992 and it was somewhere back then that we were seeing what we now believe to be the first suspect accidents identified to the UK insurance industry. In the following years I have seen an evolution of this type of fraud to the point where it has become incredibly organised. It is very sophisticated and we have to fight fire with fire. It is a problem that is not going to go away.
The Insurance Age team examine the most read stories for the week commencing 3 June 2019.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- GRP-owned Sagars buys Thomas Cook
- Three directors out as Policy Expert buys loss-making Sure Thing!
- Hiscox creates Cyber Exposure Calculator
- PIB's £50m spending on brokers in 2018 revealed
- Insurers could face fines for £4bn dual pricing "rip off"
- Markel launches tech sector proposition
- Zurich-owned N&G launches new small craft product