Who should pick up the tab when brokers fail?
MS: I think the two main reasons why brokers fail is dishonesty or mismanagement.
Brokers should only fail, therefore, if their risk is badly or not continually assessed or the regulatory authorities have failed to spot mismanagement.
Who should be responsible? The credit givers, the insurers or the regulator.
Why should I pay for it?
LH: I think also the finance providers.
MS: You mean the people who finance the premiums? But that is not the
- CMA to investigate aggregator over “strong concerns” on insurer relationships
- Swinton targets becoming largest digital broker in the UK
- Former Aviva CEO Patrick Snowball joins Sabre board
- PIB buys specialist charity MGA aQmen Holdings
- NIG adds Farm Combined to FarmWeb e-trade platform
- Optimism among brokers falls slightly
- Innovation brings its own rewards