Who should pick up the tab when brokers fail?
MS: I think the two main reasons why brokers fail is dishonesty or mismanagement.
Brokers should only fail, therefore, if their risk is badly or not continually assessed or the regulatory authorities have failed to spot mismanagement.
Who should be responsible? The credit givers, the insurers or the regulator.
Why should I pay for it?
LH: I think also the finance providers.
MS: You mean the people who finance the premiums? But that is not the
- L&G's general insurance up for sale - report
- Members surprised at Fairchild’s Broker Network exit
- InsurTech: Meet the tech insiders
- Mixed feelings from brokers on Aviva's subscription product
- MGA Fiducia and Hiscox sever marine cargo ties
- US and UK agree post-Brexit insurance trade deal
- Circle expands again in 2018