First off was the fact that Legal & General has closed its Belfast office.
And it would have been hard to miss the news that Hughes Insurance was bought by Liberty Mutual yesterday – not least because Insurance Age wrote three stories on the subject, having broken it as an exclusive.
Obviously I have a particular interest in writing about happenings in Northern Ireland, and it’s always great to get some more coverage for my homeland.
The deal is a big one. The broker reported GWP of £60m in
- Brexit deal does not work for brokers, says Biba
- Aviva writing to customers after renewal transparency failing
- Up to 50 jobs at risk amid RSA specialty and wholesale restructure
- Profile: Peter Cullum, Towergate founder and GRP chairman
- Manchester critical of Simply Business’ cyber stance
- Marsh unveils Marsh-JLT Specialty plans
- Markerstudy and Co-op silent on deal progress