First off was the fact that Legal & General has closed its Belfast office.
And it would have been hard to miss the news that Hughes Insurance was bought by Liberty Mutual yesterday – not least because Insurance Age wrote three stories on the subject, having broken it as an exclusive.
Obviously I have a particular interest in writing about happenings in Northern Ireland, and it’s always great to get some more coverage for my homeland.
The deal is a big one. The broker reported GWP of £60m in 2
- Close Brothers and other creditors to lose out following collapse of Ignition Select
- Stackhouse Poland buys Honour Point
- Is the talent pool drying up?
- Primassure moves from SSP and Open GI to Applied
- Do you know what to do if you get hacked?
- Aggregators eating into SME business – GlobalData
- Allianz to delist Euler Hermes on 27 April