First off was the fact that Legal & General has closed its Belfast office.
And it would have been hard to miss the news that Hughes Insurance was bought by Liberty Mutual yesterday – not least because Insurance Age wrote three stories on the subject, having broken it as an exclusive.
Obviously I have a particular interest in writing about happenings in Northern Ireland, and it’s always great to get some more coverage for my homeland.
The deal is a big one. The broker reported GWP of £60m in 2
- Losses bite at Ageas Retail after Kwik Fit closure
- David Charles steps down as head of PIB-owned Cooke & Mason
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- Lark boosts profit ahead of Aston Scott merger
- Ageas teams up with CDL on Flood Re solution
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- Broking Break - Your Top Five