Sadly the individual sessions themselves were off the record and journalists were not involved. Even we have to accept that sometimes discussions are not for our ears.
But one issue debated over tea and coffee during the networking periods did get me thinking, again.
The talk turned to micro and SME commercial business.
The question was: who will be the winners between commercial and personal lines brokers? Two viewpoints emerged as the impact of technology grows and commoditisation
- Andy Fairchild exits Broker Network
- Ed appoints broking CEO
- Members surprised at Fairchild’s Broker Network exit
- InsurTech: Meet the tech insiders
- Stackhouse Poland buys Property Insurance Initiatives
- Broking success: Toby Clegg, chief executive officer, Clegg Gifford
- Call for evidence on discount rate setting welcomed