It was notable for the fact that there was basically no let-up in the news over the entire 12 months.
As covered by Andy Pearce in this month’s In-depth, Aviva was the subject of the most-read story for no fewer than five months.
The provider has had its ups and downs in 2013, although it’s fair to say that there have been more downs than ups.
Things seemed to come to a head in September when Robin Spencer stood down as CEO of UK & Ireland GI, and Aviva hasn’t made for too many negative headline
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017
- Ex-Das CEO Paul Asplin stands trial for fraud
- Ex-AA boss Bob Mackenzie seeking up to £225m in damages
- Ardonagh looking at deals worth £500m
- Das v Asplin: Prosecution outlines arguments on fraud charges
- InsurTech Futures: Gadget and motor products go live on Brolly
- InsurTech Futures: PwC and Early Metrics launch programme to scale start-ups