It was notable for the fact that there was basically no let-up in the news over the entire 12 months.
As covered by Andy Pearce in this month’s In-depth, Aviva was the subject of the most-read story for no fewer than five months.
The provider has had its ups and downs in 2013, although it’s fair to say that there have been more downs than ups.
Things seemed to come to a head in September when Robin Spencer stood down as CEO of UK & Ireland GI, and Aviva hasn’t made for too many negative headline
- Tasker Insurance names Robert Organ as new CEO
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- Staysure snaps up travel rival Avanti
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- GWP slips to $2.39bn at QBE Europe in half year results
- Hiscox adds drone cover and more to home insurance product