Clearly there are other attractions - carols, food, drink, merriment to name just a few - but it is also a prime time for making lists.
From presents to buy to presents to request, from achievements in the past year to ambitions for the next it really is a bountiful time of list opportunities.
And for the monthly print version of Insurance Age the December edition also presents the opportunity to make lists of the big stories of the past year.
To be totally accurate it is only the last 11 months
- Close Brothers and other creditors to lose out following collapse of Ignition Select
- Is the talent pool drying up?
- Primassure moves from SSP and Open GI to Applied
- Stackhouse Poland buys Honour Point
- Do you know what to do if you get hacked?
- Aggregators eating into SME business – GlobalData
- Allianz to delist Euler Hermes on 27 April