However, the simple fact that the suspected suitors named across the media ran to Allianz, Aviva, Generali, QBE and Zurich did raise a few flags.
I've listed them alphabetically rather than by the amount of links they got in the press but the key point is a lack of one definite frontrunner.
Generali was first out the block to categorically state that it "denied" having plans for a bid.
As for the others allegedly eyeing up RSA, well Allianz and Aviva declined to comment, as did Zurich when it co
- Swinton targets becoming largest digital broker in the UK
- NIG adds Farm Combined to FarmWeb e-trade platform
- Optimism among brokers falls slightly
- Broking Break - Your Top Five
- InsurTech Futures: Axa launches automatic compensation for late flights product
- Aviva "disappointed" after watchdog bans Aviva Drive app ad
- Biba launches scheme for transportation risks