However, the simple fact that the suspected suitors named across the media ran to Allianz, Aviva, Generali, QBE and Zurich did raise a few flags.
I've listed them alphabetically rather than by the amount of links they got in the press but the key point is a lack of one definite frontrunner.
Generali was first out the block to categorically state that it "denied" having plans for a bid.
As for the others allegedly eyeing up RSA, well Allianz and Aviva declined to comment, as did Zurich when it co
- Aviva pulls agency with GRP
- Ardonagh posts £14.1m loss for Q1 2018
- Amazon “working with” UK brokers and insurers
- AIG warns of rise in data breaches as GDPR comes into force
- Video: GDPR – Marketing: what brokers can and can’t do
- Coversure backers Livingbridge “not done” with insurance investments
- Alpha: Cover My Cab steps in with Gefion policies