And yet in the general insurance broker press it has not reached its usual highs, or some would say, lows.
Instead the past few weeks have seen a flurry of major news stories.
For instance Insurecom being bought this week, as exclusively revealed by our very own Andy Pearce, and the popping up of ex-Biba chief Eric Galbraith at Bluefin show that there has been plenty to keep tongues wagging on important matters.
The main unifying factor over recent weeks has though been insurer results.
- Losses bite at Ageas Retail after Kwik Fit closure
- Clear plots buying spree to double GWP by 2022
- Ansvar launches two charity products
- Ascot launches new MGA and hires Michael Sillat to lead
- InsurTech Futures: Hiscox partners with start-up Digital Fineprint
- Ecclesiastical's pre-tax profit surges with investment returns in first half of 2017
- Verisk to buy Sequel for £250m