And yet in the general insurance broker press it has not reached its usual highs, or some would say, lows.
Instead the past few weeks have seen a flurry of major news stories.
For instance Insurecom being bought this week, as exclusively revealed by our very own Andy Pearce, and the popping up of ex-Biba chief Eric Galbraith at Bluefin show that there has been plenty to keep tongues wagging on important matters.
The main unifying factor over recent weeks has though been insurer results.
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017
- Ex-Das CEO Paul Asplin stands trial for fraud
- Ex-AA boss Bob Mackenzie seeking up to £225m in damages
- Ardonagh looking at deals worth £500m
- Das v Asplin: Prosecution outlines arguments on fraud charges
- InsurTech Futures: Gadget and motor products go live on Brolly
- InsurTech Futures: PwC and Early Metrics launch programme to scale start-ups