He has been sent off with gushing endorsements from Adair Turner ringing in his ears and a general feeling that he did a great job. But how should we rate his performance?
I’m not sure I would match Turner’s gushing appraisal of Hector’s time in charge (“He is a truly outstanding public servant of great integrity and has provided the FSA with dedicated leadership and focus through extremely turbulent times”) but I think he did inherit a regulator that was not prepared for what was coming.
- CBL Insurance placed into liquidation
- Gallagher set to ink another deal before Christmas
- Marsh unveils Marsh-JLT Specialty plans
- Top 100 2018: Find out who made the list
- Broker Choice Awards: The winners
- Fresh founder Lisa Powis rejoins insurance sector with tech business
- Jade Insurance teams up on health insurance with sports focused My Club