He has been sent off with gushing endorsements from Adair Turner ringing in his ears and a general feeling that he did a great job. But how should we rate his performance?
I’m not sure I would match Turner’s gushing appraisal of Hector’s time in charge (“He is a truly outstanding public servant of great integrity and has provided the FSA with dedicated leadership and focus through extremely turbulent times”) but I think he did inherit a regulator that was not prepared for what was coming.
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- Hiscox adds drone cover and more to home insurance product
- Staysure snaps up travel rival Avanti
- GWP slips to $2.39bn at QBE Europe in half year results
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- Meet the Expo Leeds panellists: Jon Newall