He has been sent off with gushing endorsements from Adair Turner ringing in his ears and a general feeling that he did a great job. But how should we rate his performance?
I’m not sure I would match Turner’s gushing appraisal of Hector’s time in charge (“He is a truly outstanding public servant of great integrity and has provided the FSA with dedicated leadership and focus through extremely turbulent times”) but I think he did inherit a regulator that was not prepared for what was coming.
- Ardonagh picks up selected renewal rights from Ageas Retail in £7m deal
- Eldon Insurance states none of its data was used by Leave.eu campaign
- Stackhouse Poland buys Honour Point
- Primassure moves from SSP and Open GI to Applied
- Is the talent pool drying up?
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017
- Aggregators eating into SME business – GlobalData