November saw brokers facing all manner of difficulties. Towergate reported big losses in its quarterly results, Oxygen and THB were sold and Bluefin faced the ignominy of Hiscox cancelling its agency agreement questioning the broker’s impartiality.
These are just a sample of the industry upsets, so the question must be asked, are these incidents symptomatic of a wider problem running through the market, or is it mere coincidence?
The timing of these events, which came one after another in a
- CBL Insurance placed into liquidation
- Marsh unveils Marsh-JLT Specialty plans
- Gallagher set to ink another deal before Christmas
- Top 100 2018: Find out who made the list
- Up to 50 jobs at risk amid RSA specialty and wholesale restructure
- Fresh founder Lisa Powis rejoins insurance sector with tech business
- Broker Choice Awards: The winners