November saw brokers facing all manner of difficulties. Towergate reported big losses in its quarterly results, Oxygen and THB were sold and Bluefin faced the ignominy of Hiscox cancelling its agency agreement questioning the broker’s impartiality.
These are just a sample of the industry upsets, so the question must be asked, are these incidents symptomatic of a wider problem running through the market, or is it mere coincidence?
The timing of these events, which came one after another in a rela
- Tasker Insurance names Robert Organ as new CEO
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- Bennett Christmas buys Horsham-based Slade Edwards Insurance
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- Confused.com sees profits halve for start of 2017
- Bollington's Paul Moors hails "excellent" results for 2016
- One Broker buys Gibbs Denley Insurance Services