A series of changes at the top of the industry’s giants has thrown the ongoing travails of the broking sector into sharp focus.
In the space of just a few months Gallagher Heath, Willis, Towergate and Bluefin (see timeline below) have all seen senior management changes.
One market source told Insurance Age the moves could perhaps be seen as a degree of cost cutting. “Such guys are on big money to deliver big numbers and maybe shareholders are thinking ‘we won’t see any growth for three to five y
- Losses bite at Ageas Retail after Kwik Fit closure
- Clear plots buying spree to double GWP by 2022
- David Charles steps down as head of PIB-owned Cooke & Mason
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- Ansvar launches two charity products
- Ascot launches new MGA and hires Michael Sillat to lead
- Ecclesiastical's pre-tax profit surges with investment returns in first half of 2017