Towergate’s further move into the aggregator space via a deal with Confused.com has raised questions as to whether smaller brokers will be left behind at the micro end of the SME market.
The consolidator already has a relationship with Comparethemarket.com which means the most visible part of the aggregator market is now equally dominated by two players for SME, with Simply Business tying up with GoCompare and Money Supermarket.
Simon Trott, head of sales and marketing/e-division at Towergate, s
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017
- Ex-Das CEO Paul Asplin stands trial for fraud
- Ex-AA boss Bob Mackenzie seeking up to £225m in damages
- Ardonagh looking at deals worth £500m
- Das v Asplin: Prosecution outlines arguments on fraud charges
- InsurTech Futures: Gadget and motor products go live on Brolly
- InsurTech Futures: PwC and Early Metrics launch programme to scale start-ups