Towergate’s further move into the aggregator space via a deal with Confused.com has raised questions as to whether smaller brokers will be left behind at the micro end of the SME market.
The consolidator already has a relationship with Comparethemarket.com which means the most visible part of the aggregator market is now equally dominated by two players for SME, with Simply Business tying up with GoCompare and Money Supermarket.
Simon Trott, head of sales and marketing/e-division at Towergate,
- Marsh unveils Marsh-JLT Specialty plans
- Up to 50 jobs at risk amid RSA specialty and wholesale restructure
- Aviva writing to customers after renewal transparency failing
- Brexit deal does not work for brokers, says Biba
- CBL Insurance placed into liquidation
- Gallagher set to ink another deal before Christmas
- Aviva on top again in Brokerbility satisfaction survey