Zurich said it would not comment on rumour or speculation but according to Insurance Age's sister title Post, Mr Norgrove has given up his executive post at Travelers and was set to take up a senior role with Zurich in Ireland after serving a period of gardening leave.
While a spokesman at Travelers declined to comment on Mr Norgrove's possible appointment at Zurich, he said the insurer could confirm that Mr Norgrove had left the company to pursue other business interests.
Mr Norgrove joined
- CBL Insurance placed into liquidation
- Marsh unveils Marsh-JLT Specialty plans
- Up to 50 jobs at risk amid RSA specialty and wholesale restructure
- Gallagher set to ink another deal before Christmas
- Top 100 2018: Find out who made the list
- Aviva on top again in Brokerbility satisfaction survey
- Fresh founder Lisa Powis rejoins insurance sector with tech business